Sunday 24 November 2013

Day 25:Underestimating one's potential- feeling insecure continued

SF:

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to allow my past experiences where I had thought of myself as a failure to continue to exist in this current time.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to continue to fuel the mind with energy by subconsciously accepting and allowing myself to revert back to past experiences where I feel that I failed to meet my own expectations.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to feel inferior to my other classmates who had been ranked within the top 50 as soon as I  obtained my results from primary school exams.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to feel defeated that I could not make my parents proud because of my ranking and career choice.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to experience shame, embarrassment, and hatred whenever I got my o-level results and realized at the time that I did not meet my own expectations.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to just submit as opposed to standing up and questioning things whenever they happen.

When and as I see myself thinking back to my past experiences of not being able to meet my own expectations, I pause and I breathe. I realize that this is something that I  have created and the fear of failure is what triggered a lot of the consequence that I had obtained. I understand also that having to meet expectations can be unrealistic if one does not set for themselves realistic or practical goals. I also understand my starting point for wanting to do well was simply to fuel my ego where I would feel proud and accomplished that I have achieved the best results and allow this feeling of superiority to build inside of me.

I commit through breath to releasing this memory of past failure due to inability of meeting my and other people's expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment