Sunday 24 November 2013

Day 26: Fear of falling from a cliff

I just woke up this morning to a memory that I had during high school. In that memory, I was climbing the summit of a mountain. The summit was steep and there were only a few grass to hold onto. There were no ropes and the guys who were there to help were only helping us up to a certain extent. I recall while I was trying to get to the summit, my hand was gripping to the grass and the shoes I was wearing was slippery. I was not able to grip to the earth part of the mountain and therefore a couple of times I slid. As a looked down, I could see myself fearing death as if it wasn't for the grass, I would have fallen and killed myself. With some effort and persistence, I slowly managed to climb up to the summit.

For that past few months, fear of death was something that I have been walking. One of my friends had asked me to investigate the time when I was a little girl and see if there was some sort of incident that had happened that would trigger this event in my current life. I do not recall specifically of any child incidences where I thought I was going to die, except when I was at the beach and I was afraid of going into the water.

But it is interesting how today this memory of fear of falling from a cliff/mountain came to me and I instantly realized that it must have been one of the factors that has lead to this current manifestation. Therefore, it is time to self-forgive and let go of those past memories.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to attach the element of fear of death to a past event where I had wanted to climb a summit and feared that I would die.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to hold on to that memory of fear of death where I now fear that my life will cease if I engage in activities such as mountain climbing.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear going into water when I was a little girl because I was scared the tides would carry me away.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear heights.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear that every time anxiety comes, I will end up getting a stroke or heart attack.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to read through every symptom of my body and start feeling anxious that I may die.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear that I will suffocate whenever I am among a crowd of people and in an enclosed place where there is no fresh air to breathe.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear suffocating in tunnels and enclosed spaces such as elevators with no air conditioning.

When and as I see myself getting anxious and fearing death, I pause and I breathe. I stabilize myself with breath and affirm to myself to let go of any feeling of anxiety that surge via breathing the anxious thoughts out. I tell myself that my body is fully capable of repairing itself and that there is no reason to fear being in an enclosed area where there is stale air.








No comments:

Post a Comment